Friday, July 25, 2014

Santiago

Today is the Feast of St. James, my baptismal patron.





A pilgrim's prayer.

O God, who brought your servant Abraham out of the land of the Chaldeans, protecting him in his wanderings, who guided the Hebrew people across the desert, we ask that you watch over us, your servants, as we journey in the love of your name to Santiago de Compostela.
Be for us our companion on the way,
Our guide at the crossroads,
Our breath in our weariness,
Our protection in danger,
Our albergue on the Camino,
Our shade in the heat,
Our light in the darkness,
Our consolation in our discouragements,
And our strength in our intentions.
So that with your guidance we may arrive safe and sound at the end of the Road and enriched with grace and virtue we return safely to our homes filled with joy.
In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
Apostle Santiago, pray for us.
Santa Maria, pray for us.

I did the northernmost route - I visited
Garabandal on the way.

2 comments:

  1. You did the Way? That's so cool. I hope to be able to do it before I get too old.
    I know I have asked for your prayers before. I now especially renew my request, as one of my daughters has brought news to me that has left me quite at sea.
    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came from Assisi through Lourdes. I didn't walk though - In Spain I walked and hitch hiked. From Assisi to Lourdes I took trains. That was before the Camino became fashionable again, but at the time I never gave walking the entire distance a thought. I've always thought modern times-modern means. ;)

      I did take the northernmost route though.

      Kelly, I will certainly keep in you in prayer, esp. for this intention.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.