Sunday, October 19, 2014

Terry Terry quite contrary, How does your garden grow?



So anyway ...

I'm cleaning out my garden preparing everything for winter - collecting seeds and harvesting wild herbs, talking to elves and rabbits ...



While cleaning out the pots wherein I planted salvia guaranitica (salvia 'black and blue' - planted in memory of my parents who loved to fight and beat up each other), I came upon what appears to be carrots - the salvia roots bore brownish carrots or potatoes.  I was totally mystified.

Pray tell, does anyone know about such things?  Are they edible?  Are there any pharmaceutical uses for salvia?

Do tell.

3 comments:

  1. Are there pharmaceutical uses? You betcha!

    It's easier to just Google Salvia miltiorrhiza and check out Wikipedia. And then check out some of the other links.

    I was out sacrificing some spring lilac blooms by severely cutting back some bushes. Since I have at least another hundred lilacs bushes, I won't miss blooms on that particular bush. Filled the pick-up to overflowing. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would know - Thanks Adrienne!

      Delete
  2. I forgot to tell you that all my hosta are doing great. I always think of you when I look at them - in particular, when they're blooming.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.