Saturday, April 26, 2008

Update on Mary Jo Copeland

Thanks everyone for your prayers and efforts!
.
Mary Jo Copeland met with the city of Minneapolis Regulatory Committee yesterday and emerged victorious... kinda/sorta. Mary Jo said the results were favorable towards Caring and Sharing Hands, and that a city regulator will visit the operation next week to help formulate a security plan. Mary Jo keeps her license and may continue to serve food - which happened to be the first point of contention with the city - so that is a relief.
.
The only thing I found strange in the comments after the meeting took place is that the police department said they will be "relentless" in policing Caring and Sharing Hands from now on. (That can be taken several ways - yet, isn't that enough security then?) I find the police response odd since the drug busts they performed last year were undercover operations... so does that mean they were set ups? No, of course not... Well, I don't think so.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God for the victory won.

    But, I don't think this war is over either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL news!! I'm so glad she can continue with her efforts at assisting the poor.

    You know, that "relentless" comment sounds to me like a veiled threat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:02 AM

    I too find the response odd ... wonder if they are going to be "relentless" about security in other places ...

    Gratefully, the license was not revoked and food can be served.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.