Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Nicely put.




What painters do...
.
I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on. - Mark Rothko
.
And something I do as well...
.
Whether I'm painting or not, I have this overweening interest in humanity. Even if I'm not working, I'm still analyzing people. - Alice Neel

.
So my point is...
.
I simply attempt to document what I see and experience, and if I am lucky, someone may call it art. - Terrance J. Nelson



.
Image: Mark Rothko

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm curious now...the painting in the rss feed is, um, way different than the one showing here.

    I love your quote. It's not pretentious.

    P.S. I received a massive book on the history of Canadian Abstract painting and some of it I even like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Owen - I thought I should remove it. I replaced it with the Rothko so no one would be offended. The image you see is from my "epic" Abbey-Roads.

    I actually love many classic abstract works. I especially enjoy neo-impressionist art as well.

    Thanks for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.