Sunday, January 25, 2009

American Arrogance?



Bigger than ever.
.
The opponents of George Bush accused he and his Administration of arrogance for eight years. Yet supporters of President Obama seem unable to admit or recognize the cold calculating arrogance that is starring them in the face... One of the very first acts the President of the United States did was to overturn a ban on state funding for family-planning groups that carry out or facilitate abortions in other countries. Why is that so important? Fans of the move insist that countless women and girls will no longer have to die because of restricted access to abortion. Such nonsense. What about the countless children who are sacrificed in the ongoing holocaust? It is estimated the world suffers 50 million abortions every single day as it is.
.
The honeymoon is over.
.
Archbishop Rino Fisichella, president of the Pontifical Academy for Life, had this to say about our new leader:
.
His actions demonstrate "the arrogance of someone who believes they are right, in signing a decree which will open the door to abortion and thus to the destruction of human life. What is important is to know how to listen... without locking oneself into ideological visions with the arrogance of a person who, having the power, thinks they can decide on life and death," he added.
.
"I do not believe that those who voted for him took into consideration ethical themes, which were astutely left aside during the election debate. The majority of the American population does not take the same position as the president and his team," he added. " - Source
.
As I wrote in an earlier post: Now it begins. I thought I picked up on the arrogance thing as he made his way down the hall to emerge onto the inaugural stage.

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't necessarily begin, but rather picks up where it left off with President Clinton. Yes, it's a bad thing, but it's nothing new, and nothing to be surprised about. Incidentally, in spite of the lifting of the Mexico City thing, the Helms Amendment is still in force. I don't support the actions, but I don't feel apocalyptic about it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 PM

    THe pic of Obama reminds me of an interview he gave last week but I cannot recall with whom...but it was a popular journalist. When asked about ecological issues he said (and I am going to quote here and as a newbbie at this blog i do not know about any words-anot-allowed rules): "...do you really think that if I change a fucking light bulb in my house that will help global warming?"

    Now I know a lot of us guys talk like that in PRIVATE among certain close friends...but the PRESIDENT and in PUBLIC media?????

    I think that alone is one sign of the kind of guy we have in office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David - the retired CEO of Target talks like that no matter whose company he is in. It fits the description of arrogance I think.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.