Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stockpiling food and resources.

"Git the gun, dolly!"
.
I'm not despising any one's prophecy here, but some of the latter day prophets seem to be creating a lot of drama lately. I live across the street from a Seventh Day Adventist church, which happens to be offering their annual Unlocking Revelation series, which deals with the end times = our times. Some of the church membership think the Pope is the Anti-Christ, and the Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon. No biggie - I call the cops and have them ticketed when they park in my driveway.
.
This past weekend however, the highly regarded Evangelical minister, David Wilkerson came out with a soul shaking warning:
.
AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE - EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US. - Source
.
Wilkerson recommends keeping on hand 30 days worth of food and supplies, which is never a bad idea anyway, just as an emergency precaution in the event of a natural disaster, or a terrorist attack. It isn't a dumb idea. In fact, the Word he received revealed what appeared to be a terrorist attack - if I understand him correctly - perhaps followed by widespread civil unrest, hence the recommendation to stockpile supplies.
.
I know - I'm not convinced by Medjugorje, and yet I publish this from a non-Catholic. Of course I'm skeptical, but it isn't as if Wilkerson is alone in warning people. Even the vice-president warned of a terrorist attack possibly occurring shortly after the inauguration. And God knows this country has many enemies who would love to nuke us.
.
Not long ago, I heard of a physician in St. Paul; he and his family are very devout Catholics, and supposedly they have a years worth of food and supplies on hand, I understand they have a gun as well. I could never go that far.

.

Besides, the old rule for Third Order of St. Francis forbids carrying a sword.
.
Adrienne has a provocative post dealing with the prospect of Manufactured Crisis - follow the links in the body of the text.

8 comments:

  1. It would also negate hording food (as does the current Rule in effect, come to think of it...!) :-)

    Wilkerson has had oodles of prophecies, precious few of which have ever came to pass.

    Someone once suggested the same test for modern prophets as OT ones: if it doesn't happen, we're stoning you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wilkerson sounds a bit hysterical to me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dramatic.
    .
    I love this stuff. The cats and I are going to Petco tomorrow to stock up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:07 AM

    Remember the lilies.....:>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan - I do - I cannot imagine stockpiling anything and hiding in my basement and shooting at would be looters.
    .
    These times demonstrate who the god was many people were worshipping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:10 AM

    "These times demonstrate who the god was many people were worshipping."

    I'll say: I worry if we lose power I won't have my hair dryer. :>

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.