Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pin the tale on the racist....



Henry Louis Gates and Obama.
.
Someone's elitist slip is showing. Professor Gates played the race card despite the fact Officer Crowley was just doing his job. And the President stepped in it...
.
President Barack Obama plunged his presidency into a charged racial debate and set off a firestorm in one of America's most liberal bastions by siding with a black Harvard scholar who accuses police of racism.
.
Saying he was unaware of "all the facts" but that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in their arrest of Henry Louis Gates, Obama whipped up emotions on both sides of an issue that threatens to open old wounds in America. - Source
.

Wow! The President making racist claims. The President calling civil servants - the police - stupid. I think the President overstepped his bounds on this one. Officer Crowley was just doing his job - and he happens to be an expert in racial profiling prevention.

.

Why is it only white people can be racist anyway? What are Gates and Obama?

.

Just imagine - all of this so soon after Michael Jackson's untimely death! I'm sure Rev. Sharpton would agree, if it hadn't been for Michael, Professor Gates would never have been able to hold the position he has at Harvard and the DuBois Institute. I just wonder what Oprah thinks.

.

[In the '60's there was a Communist youth group known as the DuBois Club - I wonder if there is any connection? Nah! Harvard people wouldn't have any Marxist connections.]

11 comments:

  1. Have you ever read Gates? He's a brilliant scholar on both racial and Appalachian issues. (He's from WV.)

    I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you on this one- Cambridge PD has a long history of racial profiling. This wouldn't have happened to a white professor of Gates' caliber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Educated beyond his intelligence, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thom - I haven't read him - but I've seen him on PBS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim S1:17 PM

    I think Thom already made up his mind before all the facts are available. Kind of like the President. So he's a brilliant scholar on both racial and Appalachian issues and comes from WV. So what! What does that have to do with the issue at hand? Maybe they have a long history of racial profiling - I don't know - but lets look objectively at what happened in this matter and decide on that. Whether or not this would have happened to a white professor of Gates' caliber is purely conjecture on your part!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Profiling Prof (WSJ)
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204886304574308411682215996.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jim,

    I was always taught that the past can help us understand the present.

    I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty upset if I were harassed while trying to get into my own home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:10 PM

    Hi Thom,

    I would be thankful the police were protecting my property, and would more than gladly produce identification to prove it was my house. In this case, the so called "harrassment" would never had occurred. But I guess this man's pride and ego got in the way. This man may be brilliant in some people's eyes, but in others he lacks common sense and needs to get over the past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't belabor the point any longer, but it's naive to think that institutional racism is a thing of the past. I know better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Thom,

    It's more naive to think YOU know better. How do you know better? Are you a person of color or a "bleeding heart" liberal? I think people who think like you are a big part of our problems with race relations - always stoking the fire. Try and see the improvement that have been made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't overlook the vast improvement that has been made, but I don't ignore the road we still have to travel. I need not stray far beyond my circle of friends to know that it still happens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Thom,

    You come across as a good person who has just had different experiences than me and thus sees things from a different perspective. I think the important thing is to have a good and sincere heart (I think you do) and to treat others with love and respect as Jesus did. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.