Monday, August 24, 2009

The Secret



I painted Sunday.
.
You aren't supposed to work on Sunday, you say?
.
It isn't work.
.
In fact it is prayer,
.
which is why the painting will never be any good.
.
I woke up during the night - several times - as if I was painting.
.
Blood all over - in the dream.
.
Other stuff I see but can't describe or account for - not in words or images.
.
My thanksgiving after communion is enveloped in the painting...
.
the painting is absorbed in communion.
.
I have no control over it,
.
which is why the painting will never be any good.
.
No one understood before
.
or after the secret was revealed...
.
and they won't understand the painting.
.
"And he took up his position by the shore of the sea." - Revelation 12: 17

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Painting is NEVER work--it's pure joy! A pastime that elevates the heart and mind, maybe from sniffing too much of the paint and turpenoid--oh, well. I like your poetry.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.