Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rosie


On Oprah.
.
I listened to the program yesterday afternoon while I worked - I know.  I'll miss Oprah.  But anyway - Oprah actually pulled off a pretty good interview with Rosie O'Donnell.  I was a little curious as to where Rosie is at now days, after blowing up her career on The View, and all.  She sounds apologetic and humble - but not really 'changed'.
.
O'Donnell is a very troubled woman - she thinks she's okay now - I don't.  She's divorced from her partner Kelly and is now in love with a woman, soul-mate she met on her blog.  She is the woman of her dreams and will probably pack up her kids and move to Texas to live with her - or the new wife will move in with Rosie - together they will have 10 kids.  Her new girl-friend/partner/wife has 5 adopted kids of her own - which is one reason why Rosie fell in love her:  "She has so much love to give, she adopted 5 kids."
.
Nope, I'm not judging here.  Since I was not watching - but listening - I think I got a different reading than most of Oprah's audience, maybe not.  I'm convinced O'Donnell has serious emotional issues.  She should never, ever be the poster child for gay marriage, gay adoption, much less family life.  I find it absolutely amazing that she has completed a television documentary "A family, is a family, is a family".  Supposedly demonstrating how stable her family life is.  The woman is a screamer and possibly abusive - at least verbally - by her own admission, she scared the hell out of Barbara Walters.  She is a bully, no doubt about it.
.
She claims to be re-parenting herself by parenting adopted children - and from what she says about how she's doing it, I think they will be just as screwed up as she is.  The worst part of all of this is that these kids think they have two moms - who are now divorced, and Rosie is going to uproot the brood and move in with a new mom who has 5 more kids.  I think she's living a TV life - she thinks it's the gay "Brady Bunch".  And I'll just bet there is a reality TV show there.
.
As far as I'm concerned, Rosie O'Donnell proves that gay adoption is a form of child exploitation and abuse.
.
Excerpt from the interview on her 'divorce':
.
"As one of the most famous lesbians in the world and a vocal proponent of gay marriage, Rosie says she did feel unspoken pressure to stay with Kelli and be a role model for other gay couples.
.
I remember when Melissa [Etheridge] and Julie broke up, I called Melissa and said: 'Come on. There's so few,'" Rosie says. "And she said, 'Ro, your first goal in life is to be true to yourself, and your children will look at you and know when you're living an authentic life.'"

.
Rosie says this resonated with her, and from then on, she approached her divorce with honesty. "I wanted to show people that gay families are just like every other family, and sometimes, divorce happens," she says. "No one ever goes into a marriage expecting or wanting a divorce." - Oprah.com

8 comments:

  1. What's that quote I keep repeating by Fr. Pavone...."when we go through an incident we don't understand we repeat it in an attempt to master it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:47 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't miss Oprah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you say is 100% correct. Thanks for saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch Oprah.
    This morning while checking the weather and the news on the morning show on ABC, I saw an interview that G. Stephanapolous did with R. O'D.
    Yuck. Three minutes of that and I was ready to turn off the tv. (Which is probably a good thing!)
    Watched the linked videos on Oprah's site; the spirituality one is just typical New Age tripe. Indifferentism (one religion is as good as another) and relativism (truth is what you believe, not something universal or absolute).
    No wonder the poor thing is in such a state. So much for gay marriage. And, Terry, "child abuse" is the exact word. Why should innocent children be subjected to this kind of utter confusion? Family life with a married mother and father is hard enough. But this is just off the beam.
    Very insightful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This "gay family" bullcrap is a social experiment gone way wrong and the kids are going to pay.

    (but I have to say R's hair looks good in the photo you chose, Ter - I KNOW!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone gay or straight who has kids but says they live their life to be true to themselves has no idea was parenthood is about. Parenting is self-sacrifice. You are 2nd. What is best for the kids should be first.

    I'm saying this, I know, as someone who has no kids. But, self-lessness is how my parents appoached parenting and that's my role model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cath - I think you are absolutely correct on that.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.