Saturday, May 08, 2010

St. Michael

Lest I forget:  May 8 is the feast of the Apparition of St. Michael at Monte Gargano, in southern Italy.
.
Cardinal against cardinal.
.
If the news is accurate, reports are that Cardinal Schoenborn is ruffling feathers again by accusing Cardinal Sodano of  having "blocked a probe into a sex abuse scandal that rocked Austria's Catholic church 15 years ago.  (I made a somewhat humorous ex-voto commemorating an aspect of that scandal here.) 
.
Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn also accused Cardinal Angelo Sodano, the retired Vatican secretary of state, of causing "massive harm" to victims when he dismissed claims of clerical abuse as "petty gossip" on Easter Sunday." - Source
.
Hoochimama!  Looks like someones got his cappa magna in the wringer.
.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio; contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperat illi Deus; supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute in infernum detrude. Amen

.


Art:  St. Michael Defeats the Devil - Eugene Delacroix

3 comments:

  1. Today it's the 65th anniversary of V-E Day too. AND....Luke is back in Kandahar today and starting the process of coming HOME!!!! He loves St. Michael. I am one happy momma bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria6:34 PM

    I thought he was considered the soul of orthodoxy at one time, or am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela M: wonderful news! Deo gratias!

    St. Michael is a kind of "secondary" patron here...we pray the St. Michael prayer after each Divine Office.
    We try to be prayer warriors here; St. Michael is the bestest:<)!

    Maria: Card. Shoenborn is a good and holy priest/bishop.
    But sometimes he does and says things I don't get...probably because I don't live in Austria?
    He is kind of a "grandfather" to me because he taught a professor that had a huge influence in my training.
    I just don't understand him sometimes.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.