Friday, June 04, 2010

First Friday


Promises of Jesus for those who Practice Devotion to the Sacred Heart

1.I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.

2.I will give peace in their families.

3.I will console them in all their troubles.

4.They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.

5.I will pour abundant blessings on their undertakings.

6.Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.

7.Tepid souls shall become fervent.

8.Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.

9.I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honoured.

10.I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.

11.Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.

12.The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.

 “Oh, how sweet is death when one has had a tender devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ!” - St. Margaret Mary

2 comments:

  1. These promises are so wonderful.
    I know, from personal experience, how those who fell away from the practice of the Faith were given the last Sacraments and were buried with Catholic funeral rites...they had made the Nine First Fridays at some point in their lives.
    It's not magic; it's not a free reign to sin...that's presumption and it's a sin.
    But God's Mercy, in the Pierced and Agonized Heart of His Son, is so great that He seeks us out even when we stray; that is Love Incarnate.
    That is true hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to make it when I can..oftentimes work gets in the way....

    Sara

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.