Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I've been sitting on this news for days....


My apologies to all who have been praying for Michael R - he came through surgery and is doing well...  I'll let him tell it:
.
Hi Terry,

.
My surgery went very well on Tuesday and I was basically ready to leave the hospital an hour after I woke up. I had to remain in ICU for a couple days, and then only because I have a bleeding risk(Von Willebrand's Disease), I had to stay in hospital to have blood products infused every morning. I am finished now and released. I am back in my home for a brief nap, and my sister will return and take me to their house to stay for a few days. They did bring my laptop to the hospital yesterday. And I was overwhelmed when I read of all of the prayers that your readers have offered for me. I went to a place that is very special to me, the chapel of the Blessed Sacrament in the Cincinnati Cathedral. I said the sorrowful mysteries for you and your readers, knowing that you guys would be praying for me. I hadn't been able to type any response until now because my left hand was hooked up with too many tubes and I couldn't hit the keys properly. I can tell I'm not doing much better right now, but hopefully things will come back to me.  I have a follow-up on January 5.  All of the doctors and nursing staff are always in amazement that I have beaten such long odds in the past. And apparently some must think I am an inspiration. Yesterday they had one lady who came in on the anniversary date of her tumor surgery, and she distributed gifts. It had us in tears. They nabbed the staff of the local university medical community magazine and took photos of me and her. If I get a photo, or print copy I will foward to you. I have been anxious to reconnect to you. If you get a chance please let you readers know that you have heard from me. and I recovered from the surgery very quickly.
.
Thanks for all of your prayers and love. I hope to be able to return to some kiind of normal routine shortly, and catch up with you and your pals online sometime soon.
.
Kind regards, Michael
.
.
Dear Michael, you are an inspiration - continued prayers for you!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful news Michael!! I will continue to pray to Our Lady for your full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Thanks for your prayers, Michael! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael: I am so glad you are progressing. I remember you at daily Mass.



    "If God causes you to suffer much, it is a sign that He has great designs for you, and that He certainly intends to make you a saint. And if you wish to become a great saint, entreat Him yourself to give you much opportunity for suffering; for there is no wood better to kindle the fire of holy love than the wood of the cross, which Christ used for His own great sacrifice of boundless charity."

    St. Ignatius of Loyola

    ReplyDelete
  5. elisabeta7:26 PM

    Michael, St. Ignatius (via Maria) states things so perfectly. Maybe there's Providence in that this has happened during the Season of Advent/Christmas. Now we can pray for a most beautiful Epiphany for you. You must have had much to reflect on over the last week. May God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael: Thanks for your prayers for us. They are even more powerful, imho, because Jesus is especially close to you at this time.

    Ter: Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.