Saturday, January 07, 2012

Santorum is not Catholic enough?



I've noted a few Catholic blog posts claiming that.

I think Gingrich was on EWTN with Raymond Arroyo last night.  Do you suppose he is Catholic enough?

Nope - I have seen blog reports that he may not be - in fact one esteemed Catholic blogster questioned the motives for his conversion - perhaps he converted just because he admired JPII a little too much?  Not good enough, I guess. 

It seems to me that many people think you have to be Republican if you are Catholic and if you are a Republican Catholic you have to make sure which Catholic running for nomination is really Catholic enough.  On one blog I read a comment condemning another well known blogger because she said something ever so slightly favorable about Clinton - "she (the bad lady) is no Republican."

That's all.

Photo:  Political analyst, Dr. Cindy Munchausen, WTF, President of the Actun Sanitarium, a financial think tank exploring how to increase personal revenue through religion and politics.  Dr. Cindy is the author of  "Santorum, Santorum" - her recently updated biographical/historical novel on the Senator, soon to be made into a musical, currently only available through Amazon at WTHITAA website.

7 comments:

  1. Actun Sanitarium....LOL. I think I've been there. I'm not sure Dr. Cindy was there during my stay......I'm sure I would have remembered that face. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is how people claim Gingrich's conversion is for political expediency. You know, because becoming Catholic makes you sooo popular, since most Republicans are Catholic and since most Americans just love the Church ...

    I actually read one blogger I like a lot who called Santorum a "war-mongering torture enthusiast" and said that he and Gingrich were dissenting Catholics just as much as Biden and Pelosi. That seems a bit harsh.

    As for me I like both Santorum and Gingrich, and would live to see them team up.

    One thing I do not get is how so many Catholics keep pushing for Ron Paul ... the guy frequently appears on the Alex Jones show, and is involved in all kinds of conspiracies. I do think he is a decent man, but something bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the whole thing to have been very predictable. It's particularly amusing when non-Catholics mangle Church teaching in order to prove Santorum is a "bad" Catholic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babylonian - I'm happy you liked Dr. Cindy's resume.

    Merc - I read that too - war mongers.

    Adrienne - I'm really not very political, so I'm always surprised. It seems to me a lot of time and money is spent on campaigning, so it is lucky these people don't have real jobs. (Sarcasm intended - in the best way of course.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened to my comment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am unapologetic about my views of Newt Gingrich, and no amount of sarcasm or snide comments will persuade me to think otherwise.
    Love you too!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Way, what are your views? I hope
    You don't think my comments were snide.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.