Friday, March 02, 2012

Someone famous died.



Andrew Brietbart.

I had no idea who he was.  I think I may have linked to a Brietbart news story on occasion - but I had no idea who or what he was or what he stood for.  (I only recently found out that Drudge was a person named Matt.)

Davy Jones.

I knew who he was of course, but I was never a fan.  Never liked the Monkees - they were a product, a commercial exploit, a mediocre imitation of the Beatles as they were depicted in their film, Help; the Monkees were produced for TV.  I think he must have been a good man however, and was able to make a decent living.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Art:  First Mourning - Bouguereau

1 comment:

  1. I always liked this painting. Adam, Eve and Abel.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.