Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The greatest conspiracy ever...


Spy Wednesday.  Betrayal and denial ... and unforgiveness...

The psalms this week tell it all:

Have mercy on me, God, men crush me;
they fight me all day long and oppress me.

All day long they distort my words,
all their thoughts are to harm me...

For your sake I bear insult,
and shame covers my face.

I have become an outcast to my brothers,
a stranger to my mother's sons...

My enemies whisper together against me...
Thus even my friend, in whom I trusted,
who ate my bread, has turned against me.

The traitor has turned against his friends;
he has broken his word.

His speech is softer than butter,
but war is in his heart.

More numerous than the hairs on my head
are those who hate me without cause...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.