Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fr. Benedict apologizes...



From The Deacon's Bench:
"I apologize for my comments. I did not intend to blame the victim. A priest (or anyone else) who abuses a minor is always wrong and is always responsible. My mind and my way of expressing myself are not as clear as they used to be. I have spent my life trying to help others the best that I could. I deeply regret any harm I have caused to anyone." - Fr. Benedict Groeschel
 
I always pray to Venerable Fr. Solanus for Fr. Benedict every day, and will continue to do so.  I understood that he was not laying blame on the victims, nor was he excusing the perpetrators.  Fr. Benedict is a holy man, a compassionate priest.  May God console him and grant him perfect joy in this trial. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this.

    You can bet the MSM will [robably not.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.