Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm busy in the garden...



Looking into the heart of a nasturtium.

Last evening I was outside praying the rosary as two little bunnies showed up grazing on the uncut lawn.  I think they felt very secure.  I noticed a squirrel at the entrance to the shade garden, watching them while he gnawed away somewhat noisily on a walnut shell.  Then two chipmunks (gophers) came out to play near me - chasing one another around the pots, just as a vole ran across the entrance to the lawn to my right.  Earlier I'd seen the neighborhood tuxedo cat chase a mouse into the ivy - there are still leaves all over the crushed rock to show how determined he was to find it - but the mouse got away.  So many creatures live in my little garden.

I'm rather busy now, getting things ready for fall and winter, so I'm limiting comments and correspondence in order not to be distracted.  I'll still be posting however.

A thought for Our Lady's feast...
Believe me, dear brothers of the Rosary Confraternity, if you genuinely wish to reach a high level of prayer in all honesty and without falling into the traps that the devil sets for those who pray, say your whole Rosary every day, or at least five decades of it. - Louis de Montfort
 
St. Roch before Our Lady

I think it may rain.