Saturday, September 01, 2012

What did Our Lady really say?

 I looked for pity, but there was none, and for comforters, but I found none. - Ps. 69:20


What did Our Lady mean at Fatima when she requested that we pray for 'poor sinners'?   In her charity, did she mean that she approves of sinful behavior by calling them 'poor sinners'?  Or in her compassion, did she want us to believe she objects to the just punishment due to sin if sinners do not repent?  Of course not - everyone understood exactly what she meant - even the little children to whom she conveyed her very disturbing message.


Today is First Saturday, Our Lady asked us to "pray for poor sinners who have no one to pray for them."  When she made that request, I wonder if she was thinking of criminals and ...

me?


Please pray for me and for those most in need of God's mercy.  Thank you.

“You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart..."


 

2 comments:

  1. By poor, perhaps she meant those lacking in God's graces? And those in spiritual poverty who neither pray for themselves or are surrounded by anyone who cares for their souls?

    Interesting that you wondered aloud if she meant criminals. Whenever I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet, I have a habit of trying to recall all of the heinous crimes I heard reported on the news and offering the chaplet for the perpetrators and their victims. Rest assured I will pray for you and ask the same for me. Thanks and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Little Way - I will pray for you too.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.