Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I'm very sorry...

+ RIP +


For the firefighters who were murdered after a madman set his home on fire and ambushed the fire department as they arrived to extinguish the flames - several other houses were burned down as a result.  Story here

I'm sorry for all who have lost their homes and apartments locally in fires over Christmas.

I'm sorry for all of those affected by the weather.

Christmas is quite sad for many people this year.

Prayers and best wishes to all, especially the sick, the dying, and those who have died so tragically this Holy Season.

3 comments:

  1. That terrible shooting happened in a suburb of my hometown. It's extremely shocking to see horrific news stories not far from where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    There was a horrible Christmas fire in my city, too. About two thousand people were left homeless when their shanty village burned down.

    My sister and I watched the fire rage for over three hours from our high-rise apartment window. And we ranted about the inefficiency and outright incompetence of local firefighters. We were wrong, of course.

    The next day, I read in the news that the firefighters had arrived quickly enough but could not get close enough to the fire because the residents' vehicles and carts were illegally parked on and blocking the road, and no one was moving them. And when some of the firefighters tried clearing the road themselves, they were attacked by residents who felt the response time had been too slow. The firefighters actually had to back off for their own safety, while a man mistaken for a firefighter was mauled to death by his own neighbours.

    All that before dawn on Christmas morning!

    Sometimes there is nothing we can do but pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that story as well - I felt so bad. Prayer is the only thing right now.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.