Tuesday, January 08, 2013

I watched Downtown Abbey



I know it's Downton - but saying Downtown is more fun. 

Who is old enough to remember Downtown Julie Brown? 

Who am I kidding.

No one.

To be honest Poodles, I was disappointed in the first episode of Season 3.  Too much crammed into two hours.  And I came away with a heavy feeling of foreboding as well... the feeling confirmed for me as I read a few spoilers late last night... and I couldn't sleep thinking about them.  Yes. I know who is going to die in Season 3 - I'm not happy about it.  I know what will happen to poor Thomas as well - BTW - it could have been written better.  A kiss is just a kiss you know... and men don't sneak into rooms just to have a kiss.  And who decided to cast Shirley MacLain?  Awful choice.

Though disappointed, I will watch the first episode once again to try and pull myself together and be surprised next Sunday when the new episode airs.

I was the same way with Harry Potter BTW - by the fourth book I was bored.  I'm not at all normal.

(I wrote this in my Mrs. Patmore's voice.)

11 comments:

  1. We're still working on Season 2. Our library has Season 3 on order which I purchased at Costco. I'd appreciate you not giving out any spoilers. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

    P.S. When I first heard about Downton Abbey, I thought it was Downtown Abbey.

    I saw some pics of Shirley in the part and thought she looked like a mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - let's fix those sentences. Number one: We're still working on Season 2, which we purchased at Costco. Our library has Season 3 on order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the show rather boring as well. My wife thought they were setting up some intrigue. She is more perceptive than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne I won't spoil it for you.

    Thomas - good to hear - I was afraid I was the only one bored. And your wife is very perceptive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about Harry Potter and I struggled through the first Twilight book because my granddaughter was reading it. Yuck. I was bored with all the heavy breathing before I was halfway through. How adult women can have Twilight worship events over such twaddle is beyond me! But I confess, I look forward to season 3 of Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even watch it. I'm not a big fan of roast beef.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry, you have to watch Downton from the beginning for it to make sense. Do you have Netflix? They have the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wubba wubba wubba!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elena - Believe it or not, I'm a huge fan - I've watched season 1 and 2 numerous times on DVD and in reruns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Larry, that is the funniest thing I ever read.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.