Thursday, February 14, 2013

The locutionist speaks... A Marian Pope: "The Cardinals will meet to elect a pope ..."




These locutions are from January of 2012

A Pope Son
So, I will stand at the side of another son, a human son, whom I will lift up to the papacy. No one will doubt who it is. I will not let him stay in the shadows (even though at present he is covered with the greatest of shadows and is hidden in my heart). I will bring him forth for all to see. He will acknowledge completely that I alone have lifted him up to the papacy. I will put my seal upon him. He will act only in my name. He will have a Marian papacy, rooted totally in my promises, especially in the words that I spoke at Fatima. With this pope, the Age of Mary will come to its total height and will forever be upon the lampstand until the end of time.

Hidden But Promised
When this is accomplished, all the light and power which I have placed in the hearts of many come to fulfillment. When I fulfill this promise, those who have pushed aside my devotions will see their foolishness. I say to all, “Pray for this pope son of mine. He is hidden deeply in my heart because I want nothing to harm him. Pray that all the startling events take place so that he is raised aloft. In him the nations will rejoice”. - Messages from Locutionist shared by Spiritual Advisor Monsignor Essef


I know!

It doesn't exactly coincide with my shower prediction... BUT!

But seriously, I truly was thinking the next pope would have some connection to Fatima.  Which is why I thought of Bertone.  Quite seriously, the locutions cited are interesting, don't you agree?  So is the German calendar cartoon.

I've given up trying to figure it out. 

H/T Fr. Longenecker - his com-box.

Art: Oddly enough, a comic illustration published in a German calendar back in 2011 seems to have predicted Benedict XVI's abdication.  The illustration, made available to you above, states that the Pope would resign/quit his job after winning the lottery, exclaiming: “Holy straw sack! Tomorrow I quit!” Source.  [Needless to say, Vatican spokes-models were quick to deny that is why he resigned.]

* * *

One more serious locution from Monsignor Essef's spiritual directee:

Now I will come to the central point so there will be no mistake. The Cardinals will meet to elect a pope but an extraordinary intervention of God will occur that will alert the whole world to the special nature of this office. They will seek to discern this intervention, to grasp what is the will of God, but everything will not be clear at first. Some, however, will speak in divine wisdom and the search will begin to find the one whom God wants to raise up. He will not come forward at first, even though he knows that he is chosen by God. He will wait until the discussion is concluded and the Cardinals are settled. Then new manifestations will occur which will signal clearly the one whom the heavenly Father wants as his Pope. This will be a complete surprise to the world and to the Church but not to the one upon whom the mantle falls. This is my chosen son, the one whom I have picked. I want all of this to happen in a startling manner so the world and the Church know that this one was chosen by heaven, by God and not by men. He will be prepared because I will have prepared him. He will be the pope of Fatima and bring to fruition all of the gifts of Fatima, just in time to prepare the Church and the world for the Satanic onslaught. - Source

"He will not come forward at first..."

What could that mean?  Someone outside the College of Cardinals?  Someone not available until after the Lenten Retreat at Sea Cruise?


I'm speechless!
 
 
 

22 comments:

  1. To tell you the truth, this "locution" doesn't sound much like the Blessed Mother in approved apparitions. She almost sounds too ... into herself, if that makes sense. Doesn't she normally point to Jesus and say "do whatever He says?"

    I guess we should just pray and watch what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of thought they sounded like Fr. Gobbi's locutions.

    I knew there had to be some prophecy out there about the unexpected conclave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much into mystics and locutions, reading them tends to hurt my faith, but... wow!

    @Mercury - Mary asking for reparation for offenses commited against her and saying, "In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph" at Fatima sounds like she's pretty into herself too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I still have problems with these locutions because they involve Medjugorje. The locutions from February 6, 2012 to March 26, 2012 -

    "This is what you should learn from Medjugorje. I know the future events. I have revealed them already to the visionaries and they will reveal them to the world. I have done all of this to give hope in the middle of darkness. Learn about my special actions to these visionaries. Read the stories. they will bring you to faith."

    If someone wants to believe in Medjugorje, fine, but I'm not accepting it unless and until Rome puts the stamp of approval on it.

    I will be very surprised if our next Pope does not have a special devotion to Mary because it is through her Immaculate Heart that Christ will save the world. That is the message of Fatima, and there has not been one pope since Fatima who has not strongly endorsed the Fatima message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cath in Brooklyn - I have trouble with predictions in general. I have a hard time taking this set any more seriously than the cartoon.

    All the popes since Pius XII have been Marian popes. Benedict was surely a Marian pope as demonstrated by his using Pius IX's Immaculate Conception mitre and his many visits to Marian shrines - and most especially, his devotion to the Rosary.

    Locutions can be loaded with the mystics personal impressions/meditations and are clearly subject to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! I don't think it is possible to be a truly devout Catholic without Marian devotion. There is no surer way to Christ than through His Mother.

      Delete
    2. Katharine B. -

      What struck me was "With this pope, the Age of Mary will come to its total height and will forever be upon the lampstand until the end of time." I'm sorry, but that does not seem to point to Christ.

      Am I wrong for being skeptical of locutions? Fatima is one thing, but waiting with bated breath for orders from every locution that pops up is another.

      Delete
    3. And yes, these ARE some Catholics, particularly those who are VERY into prophecies and locutions, who cross the line from "hyperdoulia" to actual "latria", and who also put locutions above the Church.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Yes, these locutions read just like the Mary we encounter in scripture, who is always coy, excessively wordy, eager to meddle in the leadership of the Church, and who is forever trying to take center stage and create an age dedicated to herself.

    Hey, look, I just found some golden tablets buried on a hillside in Palmyra. It's prob'ly nothin'. I'll try to decipher it later.

    It wouldn't surprise me that a non-cardinal ends up being called to serve as Bishop of Rome, but not because of anything that emerges from a private apparition.

    I can easily see the cardinals giving up on their own kind and reaching out to offer the job, for example, to the young, brilliant, energetic, and 100% orthodox (no pun intended) Sviatoslav Shevchuck, Patriarch (or Major-Archbishop) of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. He is highly-regarded by many in the East and West and his rise has been nothing short of meteoric. He would make an awesome (if I may borrow Mother Angelica's word) pope.

    I think reaching out to the Eastern Church (which the Mary of Western visions and locutions evidently always forgets about or simply isn't interested in) and enthroning a Byzantine patriarch would be a tremendous gesture in favor of healing the East-West schism that has plagued the Body of Christ for nearly a millenium, now.

    During Pope Benedict's pontificate, the Eastern Orthodox patriarchs did formally, at Ravenna, recognize the Bishop of Rome, once again, as Protos of all the bishops of the Church. It isn't too much of a leap, therefore, to imagine that the cardinals might want to nudge that move towards the next step and give the Patriarchate of Rome to a young, dynamic leader who is uniquely suited to bridge the gap between the East and the West, between Catholicism and Orthodoxy.

    Now, I realize seers of visions always forget that there are Catholics in the East (who don't pray the Rosary or wear the scapular or make the First Saturdays...how ever will they be saved?), and that the Orthodox Church isn't even on their radar screens, but the Holy See of John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI hasn't forgotten about them, and has been laboring mightily alongside equally erstwhile bishops and patriarchs in the Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches who want to see this woeful schism ended sooner rather than later.

    So sure...a pope from outside the College of Cardinals (the first in 635 years). Why not? It may be that Benedict's surprise abdication will be just the jolt the cardinals need to get them to think outside the box this time around.

    Now if it happens, everyone can say that a private alocution...and some guy who reads this blog...predicted it!

    *Twilight Zone theme plays*

    James Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  7. James - excellent commentary! Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry, I was told to keep this under wraps, but I can trust you to keep a secret.

    I'm on my way to Rome. Wasn't told why - all they said was travel light, and they wanted to know my hat size.

    ReplyDelete
  9. balthasar7:46 AM

    One of these locutions has Mary praising the Puritan foundation of America in post-1980s language about "faith" etc. One almost expects the locution to start talking about "Judeo-Christian heritage."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lars - you are married though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So? Swiss Guard can be married, can't they?

      Delete
  11. They have to be Swiss though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it meant you just had to like Swiss cheese and could yodel?

      Delete
  12. All very interesting, but more importantly: what's a straw sack?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Terry,

    these locutions also remind me of Fr. Gobbi's, especially his locution in which Mary describes Pope John Paul II. Look, I'm no expert on mysticism like Father Poulain or even Father Groeschel ("A Still, Small Voice") but I'm inclined to give these the benefit of the doubt.

    Regarding the language, I don't think at all that it sounds like Mary "is too into herself." In fact, the language is very similar to other reported revelations given by Mary to the Ven. Mary of Agreda, Bl. Elena Aiello, Akita, etc. Mary as the perfect Queen of Heaven would never exhibit false humility. After all, she has been exalted by God above all creatures and has been given a mission in our times to bring back humanity to God as the mediatrix.

    ...

    I wonder how these locutions fit in with other reported revelations about the "Angelic Pope" or "Angelic Pastor" and the well-known vision of Don Bosco. Well, as with all things, we pray, and wait.

    Daily Marian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:31 AM

    The next Pope will be Francesco Moraglia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:07 PM

    Archbishop Chaput

    ReplyDelete
  16. I take these Locutions very seriously and I put them in the category with those of Father Gobbi. That they are discerned by Monsignor Esseff an expert in spiritual direction and the former director of Mother Teresa and a directee of St Padre Pio holds great weight with me.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.