Sunday, August 11, 2013

Remembering Eydie Gorme



Singer Eydie Gorme, who enjoyed decades-long success as half of the duo Steve & Eydie and as a solo artist in her own right, has died. She was 84. - Story here.

I loved this woman.  When I was little she and her husband Steve Lawrence were everywhere on TV - and always on Johnny Carson, so it seemed.  She and her husband were married for 55 years.  She was descendant of Sicilian Sephardi Jews and grew up in NYC.  How cool is that.

May she rest in peace.



Favorite song here.  I know - so old fashioned.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww - sad to hear. I was a fan, too...

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.