Friday, October 25, 2013

Then he wrote this and that and the other thing, and I knew he was wrong, and, and I yelled at my lap top: "What? Are you kidding me?"



Wrong on the Internet!

I thought of that last night after catching something actress Lizzy Caplan said regarding her role in the Masters and Johnson Showtime series, Masters of Sex. The series tells the story of Dr. William Masters and Virginia Johnson.  Caplan was attempting to explain to Letterman what was 'wrong' in the lives of 'sexually repressed women' back in the '50's and said something like:  "If women didn't have an orgasm they were considered frigid and they had to go to therapy, they had to spend years and years in analysis."

If one did not know better, one might think the actress was an expert on Masters and Johnson - after all, she plays Johnson in the series.  Her statement not only sounded dumb, it begged questions such as, 'Who forced them into therapy?  It was mandated then, huh?'  Or,  'Years of analysis?  Really?  Who could afford that except the very rich?  So all women were forced into therapy to learn how to have an orgasm?'  It was such a dumb thing to say - especially for those of us who get all of our information from late night comedians.  I clicked over to Jimmy Kimmel, at least he knows people don't know what the hell they're talking about.


I knew that.



Anyway.

It reminded me just how frustrating it is when someone is wrong on the Internet.  I've got to move on.

"Well, it was ghastly. Well, it was just ghastly."

What?



 

3 comments:

  1. Is that your way of apologizing for the errors in your posts?

    What?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I made an error in the forest and no one was around would anyone notice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but that's why we have the internet.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.