Sunday, November 10, 2013

More prayers for the Philippines: After one of the strongest storms on record.



MANILA — A powerful typhoon ripped through the Philippines on Friday, killing more than 100 people in a city on Leyte Island, a Civil Aviation Authority official said on Saturday. - NYT
UPDATE: 11-10-13
TACLOBAN, Philippines (AP) -- As many as 10,000 people are believed dead in one Philippine city alone after one of the worst storms ever recorded unleashed ferocious winds and giant waves that washed away homes and schools. Corpses hung from tree branches and were scattered along sidewalks and among flattened buildings, while looters raided grocery stores and gas stations in search of food, fuel and water. - AP 

8 comments:

  1. That's a very beautiful statue/image of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Terry. Thanks for the post also with the reminder to pray for the Philippines. God bless you and ALL yr. loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rosaMaria - it is Our Lady of Lipa. God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A priest friend gave me the same statue earlier this year when I went back to the Philippines on my vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fr. Gary - I love this statue! I'm praying for everyone affected by the super storm.

    BTW - there is a man in Cebu who wants my painting of Bl. Alberto but Enbrethiel tells me it should be hand carried over. Anyway - I lost touch with the man. Anyway - have you seen the painting? What would you advise? I think you have my email - if not it is here:

    tjdotnelsonathotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry, I have seen your painting of Bl. Alberto that you posted here in your blog. You can send the painting safely through DHL, Fedex or UPS as long as they pay the shipping charge.
    You can go to their website and get a quote of their shipping charge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. I was thinking you'd stop by the house and pick it up on your way back to the Philippines Fr. Gary. Or want it for your church.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I worked for 15 years in the Philippines and my heart is still with these people. Some areas like Bohol have been damaged by the earthquake one month ago and then now by this huge typhoon... The Filipino people are very strong and patient in the midst of trials. May the Blessed Virgin Mary help and console them.
    Fr. Jean-François Thomas s.j

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very much, I did think it was Our Lady of Lipa and I'd like to read more about it. God bless always Terry and ALL yr. readers here.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.