Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Feast of Stephen

 
 
 
St. Stephen the Deacon
 
 


The second day of Christmas.

I have not had to run into burning schools or put my life at risk, and my complaints about ill treatment are generally little more than privileged whines. Nor do I want to be a martyr, if it can be at all avoided. The point, though, is not whether we die for Christ but whether we are willing to die for Christ. If it’s love, it’s total. There’s no middle way when it comes to the romance of faith. - Read the rest at Christmas, Suffering and the Cross





 

2 comments:

  1. I now feel my celebration of Christmas 2013 is complete. Thank you, Terry. Kleenex please...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the question shouldn't be whether we would die for Christ, but would we be willing to love for Christ.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.