Monday, June 16, 2014

I totally get this.



Jean Paul Sartre was sitting at a French cafe, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness.  He says to the waitress, "Un café, s'il vous plaît, no cream."  The waitress replied, "Pardon Monsieur, we are out of cream, how about with no milk." - Geek Jokes

Oh how I laughed!

I really did.

It's really a dumb joke, isn't it.  However, if Sartre didn't want cream he would have known to simply order "un cafe".  Although if he was drunk, he might have ordered "Un café crème - but no crème."  Then mademoiselle might have replied, "No crème? Then no lait either."

Que?

I know, I know - it should have read, "Un café crème, sans crème".

Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.