Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Remembering James Foley, the Journalist Beheaded in Iraq

"I began to pray the rosary. It was what my mother and grandmother would have prayed. 
I said 10 Hail Marys between each Our Father. It took a long time, almost an hour to count 100 Hail Marys off on my knuckles. And it helped to keep my mind focused." - Foley's account during his Libyan imprisonment.  Source

Everyone is reporting on this.

I have nothing to say except prayers.

And I am so sorry.



Link: Priest comforts family of slain journalist.

3 comments:

  1. I read the story too and just started to cry. So many innocent people, so much pain.

    My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?

    My prayers united with yours and with all my brothers and sisters in the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is horrible. Prayers go out to the family and for his soul. Imagine being a parent and not only having this happen to your kid, but seeing images of it, over and over and over. I think I would go insane.

    But the only good to come out of this is that ISIS went too far and now even the biggest mopey pacifist will see that there is no negotiation with these people, and the moderate Kurds will see they are next and join forces. I hope we arm them to the hilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is also very sad. I have been emotional today about it all and praying...but this made me cry at just how good the Holy Father truly is...he is a Saint with a capital S.

      Lord Jesus, thank you so much for gifting your Church with the witness and the love of Papa Francis. Protect him always as he lives to give you all the glory.

      http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2014/08/pope-francis-calls-family-of-james-foley/

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.