Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Duchess of Alba has died.

The Duchess of Alba frequently hosted Jackie Kennedy
and Audrey Hepburn when they visited Spain.

+

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord. And let the perpetual light shine upon her. And may the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.


María del Rosario Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart y de Silva, 18th Duchess of Alba de Tormes, Grandee of Spain, head of the House of Alba and the third woman to carry the title in her own right, died at the age of 88, November 20, 2014.

I did not hear of her death until I read Elena's obituary on her blog, Tea At Trianon.

In the past I, have posted photos of the Duchess as she aged and attempted to retain her youthful beauty - unfortunately she was not well served by her surgeons, but she evidently did not let that stop her enjoyment of life.  From what I understand, she was very much loved by the people of Seville.

RIP
The Duchess and Mrs. Kennedy, 1966.

Vogue photo shoot?  Date?  
The Duchess is seated.



3 comments:

  1. Family photo? I bet it's her daughters standing behind her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are Spanish socialites/aristocracy - not sure - the photo may be from a Vogue feature on Spanish fashion/nobility, etc..

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the link, Terry. I think she only has one daughter who dresses very simply. Those surgeons really botched up her face.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.