Sunday, June 07, 2015

The Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis, the Wehmeyer Case, and the Archbishop.



Front page news in Minneapolis - St. Paul this weekend.

With knowledge of Wehmeyer's past, Archbishop Nienstedt later promoted him to pastor. 
"Are you aware of my past? Are you aware of my record?" Wehmeyer said he asked Nienstedt at the time. Nienstedt brushed it off, the documents said. - CNN

Rocco Palmo of Whispers in the Loggia has an objective rundown on the story here.


We are in the midst of an Archdiocesan wide novena to the Sacred Heart, although, to my knowledge, nothing was mentioned about it in my parish.  Nothing was mentioned about anything related to this story in fact.


Today is the Feast of Corpus Christi, but it seemed like an ordinary Sunday at my parish... no ceremony or devotion.


It feels like a punch to the gut ...

Sheep without a shepherd.

1 comment:

  1. . Pope Benedict removed at least five Bishops. Pope Francis ought to look into Nienstedt. In Newark, Francis sent a second Bishop to watch the one already there on this issue. But the watcher then agreed with the first Bishop that his retirement mansion on 8 acres with a pool, a new wing, and an indoor endless pool and multiple fire places....was okay. Saint Benedict Joseph Labre had no pool. I don't believe he had a door or roof. What?

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.