Saturday, September 05, 2015

Pope Francis with David Muir "Virtual Audience": The Pope calls out American nun Sister Norma Pimentel ...


Oh, oh ...

Amazing!  He sees a nun in the audience and calls her out - Sr. Norma - she wasn't wearing a veil.  The other nuns in the audience were ...  Here's what happened:

When Sister Norma Pimentel participated in a virtual papal audience hosted by ABC News this week, she was excited to see Pope Francis, but never expected him to address her directly.  
Sister Pimentel runs a welcome center at Sacred Heart Church in McAllen, Texas, which has helped more than 20,000 immigrants. Pope Francis was watching and listening intently via satellite from the Vatican as Sister Pimentel was introduced briefly. Then, after young mothers and children who had just arrived shared their stories, the Holy Father returned to the sister who had been mentioned before.
“There was a sister there of a religious order, I want to see her,” he said.
“I said, ‘Oh, that’s me,’” Sister Pimentel said, reflecting on the moment afterwards. “He’s actually speaking to me. And then I saw his little hand go like, ‘come, come, come, come,’ and I’m like, ‘Oh, my God.’ I felt like a little child called forth by their dear father.” - Finish reading here.
Haha!

It was so edifying to watch.  I'm just kidding about the veil stuff - all the nuns in the audience appeared to be very happy Sr. Norma was singled out.  The Holy Father was so intense - so eager to praise her especially, as well as all the Catholic sisters in the United States.  It was very reassuring.

It was a wonderful special to watch, deeply moving.  Fr. Martin liked it too - especially this part:

I loved his lead-off remark, when he is introduced to the Cristo Rey Jesuit School in Chicago: "If it's the Jesuits, it's good!" - Fr. Jim

 We are fortunate to have Jesuits in this archdiocese as well as a Cristo Rey school.

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to watching the interview as I have heard nothing but good things about it. It seems so many people have been touched by Papa Panchito's ABC interview. I have to wait one week before I can watch it on their website but I know it will be worth the wait. ^

    May the Holy Spirit will continue to use him for the greater glory of God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll absolutely love it. Did you know David Muir is Catholic? He looked thrilled.

      Delete
    2. Deacon Greg had mentioned that David Muir was raised Catholic but was not sure if he was still living his faith. Let us hope that all who come into contact with the Vicar of Christ be renewed in Christ Jesus.

      Terry,

      One more thing though off topic but commentary that I found every ediffing:

      Taken from Catholic Culture.org with regards to our Holy Father's olive branch to the SSPX.

      "It is therefore a true mercy to adherents of the SSPX for Pope Francis to grant SSPX priests faculties for hearing confessions during the Jubilee Year of Mercy. Moreover, this is a sign that Pope Francis wishes to do whatever he can to heal this breach. But it is also very striking that, in making this announcement for the Jubilee Year, Pope Francis has done far more to communicate the SSPX's native inability to forgive sins than any of his predecessors."

      The link here if anyone should desire to read it. I thought what Dr. Mirus wrote was well explained and encouraging.

      http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/otc.cfm?id=1320

      Delete
    3. I did see that - glad you brought it up here. Thanks.

      I don't worry about David Muir - once a Catholic always a Catholic. The hidden mystery of grace.

      Delete
    4. That is so true. It happened to me especially when I had friends who were trying to persuade to leave my Catholic faith. At the time I was not living my faith but could not imagine myself anywhere else. ^^

      Delete
  2. I didn't expect to shed a tear when I watched the video but I did!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.