Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Miracle at Snow Mass ... on the Turnpike.


Introibo ad altare Dei.


Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam.
To God, the joy of my youth.

The Turnpike Mass keeps edifying ...
Eucharistic Miracle?
Word of a possible Eucharistic multiplication miracle has already been passed around on social media, but Rotondo can personally confirm there might be some truth to it: 
I would like to mention how at first, we only had priests, a Mass kit, and 6 hosts. Somehow an estimated 30-40 hosts showed up and nobody knows from where. The priest then split up the hosts into little pieces so everyone could receive, which was an estimated 500+ people. 
It was God’s miracle that they hosts were able to be distributed to everyone, all down to the last person, who then received the last particles inside the priest’s chalice. There was exactly enough hosts for everyone. - ChurchPop
The event itself is like a miracle - the students gathered for Mass in the snow - their incredible witness of faith and devotion.  The story is taking on a very rich significance, miracle - or not.  (Personally, I believe it was a miracle.)  As I told Yaya in the com box of the last post on the subject:

I got goose bumps reading that! It is so scriptural - so beautiful. Years and years ago I was at Notre Dame for a Charismatic Conference - I walked into the church for adoration, hundreds of young people filled the church, many sitting and kneeling around the altar - on the steps, with the Blessed Sacrament exposed - it reminded me of the gospel scenes on the hillsides, when Jesus had everyone recline and sit while he taught them and fed them. 
This Mass in the snow impresses me just like that experience. This incident - with the young people and priests renews my youth! It renews and edifies my faith. - Miracle in the snow

My responsorial psalm on this:

 My soul, give thanks to the Lord
all my being, bless his holy name.
 My soul, give thanks to the Lord
and never forget all his blessings.

 It is he who forgives all your guilt,
who heals every one of your ills,
 who redeems your life from the grave,
who crowns you with love and compassion,
 who fills your life with good things,
renewing your youth like an eagle's. - Ps. 103




This is it!  This is the faith, this is the truth, this is the Church!  The Church is so blessed with faithful laity, young and old, and faithful priests - good priests and deacons - young and old.  

4 comments:

  1. Our God is an awesome God. In the midst of so much suffering in this world of ours, the Lord lifts up his people ... all of us, as this wonderful joyful event gives true witness to the Merciful Father's love and tenderness in this year of Mercy.
    Blessed be God forever!
    Blessed be His holy name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Just think of the profound effect this will have on the young women and men for the rest of their lives. I have sponsored a trip to the Prolife March a student for the last few years at my University. As a newly married wife (who was living in Northern Virginia) I attended the March for Life in DC and just felt good about being there.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true - it will grow in importance the older they get - it is an unforgettable experience and encounter with Christ!

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.