Thursday, April 14, 2016

April is Earthquake Preparedness Month

Cuzco. Taytacha Temblores (as in father of the earthquakes).



Rocking our world as I write.

Huge earthquakes in Asia - just today I think there have been four - Japan fears the 'big one'.  Scientists do too.  April 18 is the anniversary of the San Francisco quake in 1906.  Seattle had a big one in April of 1965.

That may explain why I always think of April as earthquake month.  Spring and fall seem to be active periods for all sorts of disasters.

Song for this post here.




4 comments:

  1. Earthquakes, floods, war and rumors of wars, pestilence, famine, strange phenomena in the sky. All are signs for us. Problem is we are not certain of what they mean. Shows us how little we really control in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there are many Biblical signs right now. The other morning the air-raid sirens went off by accident - no storm warnings - so I just assumed N. Korea maybe launched a successful missile. ;)

      Delete
  2. Not "Shake, Rattle, and Roll"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I did have 'Shake it up' by the Cars but thought it too flippant.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.