Sunday, April 10, 2016

I see it.


Do you love me?


Every Sunday we profess our faith, and together in all the parishes throughout the archdiocese, even throughout the world, we confess:
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
Today I see it.  Despite all the apparent division there is something greater.

At morning prayer, I was impressed by the unity of the Church - all the different parts working as one ... even though there is dissent and apparent confusion.

Call me crazy.

There is no Greek or Jew, liberal or conservative,  gay or straight, male or female, slave or freeman - we really are all one in Christ Jesus...  We come from the same place, we're part of the same time, we all share the same Blood, we all have the same mind ...

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.


Song for this post here.



1 comment:


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.