Tuesday, June 13, 2017

One Hundred Years Ago Today, June 13, 1917 Fatima



The second apparition of Our Lady ...


Lucia and the Marto children proceeded to the apparition site to keep their noon day rendezvous.
When they arrived they found a small crowd awaiting them.
After having said the rosary with Jacinta and Francisco and other people who were present, we saw again the reflection of light nearing us, (we used to say it was lightening), and following, Our Lady on the holm oak as in May.
"Please tell me, Madam, what it is that you want of me?"
"I want you to come here on the thirteenth of next month. I want you to continue saying the Rosary every day. And after each one of the mysteries, my children, I want you to pray in this way: O my Jesus, forgive us our sins , save us from the fire of hell. Take all souls to heaven, especially those who are most in need. I want you to learn to read and write, and later I will tell you what else I want of you." - source

Our Lady also showed the children her Immaculate Heart for the first time in this apparition.  It is a mystery of light - the light of the Blessed Virgin engulfed the children, and in that light she manifested her Immaculate Heart.   She consoled Lucia saying, "My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and way that leads you to God."



O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are most in need of thy mercy.

4 comments:

  1. The innocence of the children strikes me in your re telling of this most beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/06/13/118-year-old-painting-by-british-explorer-discovered-in-antarctica.html


    Off topic but a wonderful discovery nevertheless.

    Thanks for sharing too about our Lady of Fatima. Gracias Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They weren't expecting a crowd at all because of the Feast of St Anthony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, the party in town was a big deal, and people in the crowd at the Cova were missing out.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.