Thursday, June 09, 2016

Waiting for Gotthard ...

At the opening ceremony for 
the Gotthard Base Tunnel in Switzerland.



The provocative ceremony intended to represent aspects of Swiss cultural heritage.
Another triumph for director Corky St. Clair - critics hail it as his best production since Red, White and Blaine!  It was an exciting opening ceremony, depicting an elaborate tableau, interwoven with imagery inspired by ancient folk tales, mountain legends and mythological narratives to represent the struggle of the human spirit to tame nature and penetrate the confines of time and space, bursting through obstacles, opening new horizons connecting people and culture.  The production, so evocative of  Alpine myths, fragments of which carry over into the Christmas tradition of Krampus - the demon of the alps who accompanies St. Nicholas - provoked fears that it was a type of Satanic ritual conducted for the opening ceremony.  Corky's wife and costume designer Bonnie St. Clair, denied any occult connection, claiming both she and her husband are devout Jews and have nothing to do with the so-called 'occult elite'.  In a phone call, Mr. St. Clair decried the conservative critics, saying:
"I can't put up with you people - because you're bastard people! That's what you are! You're just bastard people! And I'm goin' home and I'm gonna, I'm gonna bite my pillow, is what I'm gonna do!"

Read more on Gotthard here.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's Corky Sinclair, not St. Clair. For a moment, all I could focus on was: Corky has a WIFE???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mistake - of course it is St. Clair - and yes - he said he was out shopping pantsuits for his wife Bonnie. Thanks for catching my using the wrong surname. I can't believe I got it screwed up.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.