Saturday, September 10, 2016

Today begins the novena to Our Lady of La Salette


September 19


Remember, Our Lady of La Salette, true Mother of Sorrows, the tears which thou did shed for me on Calvary. Be mindful also of the unceasing care which thou does exercise to screen me from the Justice of God, and consider whether thou can now abandon thy child, for whom thou hast done so much. Inspired by this consoling thought, I come to cast myself at thy feet, in spite of my infidelities and ingratitude...
Mention your intentions here:
Reject not my prayer, O Virgin of reconciliation, convert me, obtain for me the grace to love Jesus Christ above all things and to console thee too by living a holy life, in order that one day I may be able to see thee in Heaven. Amen

I think devotion to Our Lady of La Salette is very much needed today ... Mother of Sorrows, Mother of Conversion - Virgin of Reconciliation, pray for us.




h/t dxv 515

1 comment:

  1. I find the LaSalette story interesting and perplexing. Mary appears in a very different way. Distraught and wearing Russian style cloths and tiara. The messages are not at all clear. The visionaries themselves almost anonymous. Conversion from sin is of course predominate, but what else is Mary saying? What ever became of the children. Why has so little been reported about it? Thanks Terry for the novena I plan to say it. Does anyone have insight into this?

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.