Saturday, October 01, 2016

Therefore I disown what I have said, and repent in dust and ashes.

Gerhard Marcks, „Hiob“  1957


From Today's first reading at Mass:
Job answered the LORD and said: 
I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be hindered.
I have dealt with great things that I do not understand;
things too wonderful for me, which I cannot know.
I had heard of you by word of mouth,
but now my eye has seen you.
Therefore I disown what I have said,
and repent in dust and ashes. - Job 42

1 comment:

  1. I have always liked Job. He is someone to look up to.

    A really great idea would be for Bishop Robert Barron to dissect the Book of Job for rest of us.

    Job pray for me and accompany on my faith journey. Amen

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.