Monday, November 14, 2016

Ping-pong Tournament



Bunny Bixler and I were in the semi-finals - the very semi-finals, mind you - of the ping-pong tournament at the club and this ghastly thing happened. We were both playing way over our heads and the score was 29-28. And we had this really terrific volley and I stepped back to get this really terrific shot. And I stepped on the ping-pong ball! 
I just squashed it to bits. 
And then Bunny and I ran to the closet of the game room to get another ping-pong ball and the closet was locked! Imagine? We had to call the whole thing off. 
Well, it was ghastly. 
Well, it was just ghastly. - Gloria Upson

1 comment:

  1. Hot diggity, I bet it was an exciting match until, well ...

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.