Saturday, April 15, 2017

Second Day ...

(Artist unknown)
I like the light in this.



Second Day

"Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious, and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind."

Divine Mercy

The church where it is installed.  (I don't know where.)
I like this image very much, it is unusual.



I thought the final prayer of Pope Francis at the conclusion of the Via Crucis last night was especially poignant, and a strong impetus for those who walk in shame to run to the Divine Mercy devotion ...

O Lord Jesus! Son of God, innocent victim of our ransom, before your royal banner, before the mystery of your death and glory, before your scaffold, we kneel in shame and with hope and we ask that you bathe us in the blood and water that flowed from your lacerated heart; to forgive our sins and our guilt; 
We ask you to remember our brethren destroyed by violence, indifference and war; 
We ask you to break the chains that keep us imprisoned in our selfishness, our wilful blindness and in the vanity of our worldly calculations. 
O Christ! We ask you to teach us never to be ashamed of your Cross, not to exploit it but to honour and worship it, because with it You have shown us the horror of our sins, the greatness of your love, the injustice of our decisions and the power of your mercy. Amen. - Pope Francis

I love this image
because it feels so 'Umbrian'.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.