Sunday, August 06, 2017

The Transfiguration



I like to just think about it...

Kind of like thinking about the Trinity without trying to explain it.  How can you explain it?  How would you explain the Burning Bush?  The face of Moses transfigured, effulgent from seeing God face to face, as it were.  Radiant.  Then he is with Jesus and Elijah in that light - the epiphany revealing Christ as come to fulfill the Law and The Prophets.   That light.

Remember how Lucia described it at Fatima, seeing God in that light?    Sr. Lucia also explained how Our Lady was clothed in light, and how she opened her hands and they saw themselves in that light that was God, and so on.

The mystery of light.   That light that is God.

S. Elizabeth

The indwelling of the Blessed Trinity.

We have that light in our soul by Baptism ... we have the Blessed Trinity dwelling within us.  We can enter a similar cloud as that the disciples entered and listen to Him.  By faith we enter that cloud. The life of Elizabeth of the Trinity exemplified this, she lived this heaven on earth.  She wrote, "The Trinity - this is our dwelling, our 'home', the Father's house that we must never leave."  [...]  "It is there, right in the depths, in the Heaven of my soul, that I love to find Him since He never leaves me. God in me, I in Him, oh! that is my life!"

When St. Elizabeth died, her last words were: "I go to Light, to Love, to Life."

With Peter we can pray in thanksgiving, Lord, it is good for us to be here ... yet we need not build any tent or dwelling, since we are His tent, His tabernacle ... with St. Elizabeth we can pray:
O my Three, my All, my Beatitude, infinite Solitude, Immensity in which I lose myself, I surrender myself to You as Your prey. Bury Yourself in me that I may bury myself in You until I depart to contemplate in Your light the abyss of Your greatness. - Prayer to the Trinity, Elizabeth of the Trinity.

We never have to be afraid.  We are never alone.  We are never lost.  No matter what others say or do, all is well, so long as we, by faith, "remain in the presence of God, of the God who is all Love dwelling in our souls."


No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.