Monday, August 21, 2017

Three Minutes Darkness

Heavy burtations.


What to do.

Actually, the totality of the eclipse will last two minutes and 41 seconds - just shy of 3 minutes - but that's how prophecy goes.  You can't be too literal.

Serious burtations (things) to know and share:

There shall come over the whole earth an intense darkness lasting three minute.
Nothing can be seen, and the air will be laden with pestilence which will claim mainly, but not only, the enemies of religion. 
It will be impossible to use any man-made lighting during this darkness, except blessed beeswax candles. 
He, who out of curiosity, opens his window to look out, or leaves his home, will fall dead on the spot. During these three days, people should remain in their homes, pray the Rosary and beg God for mercy.
All the enemies of the Church, whether known or unknown, will perish over the whole earth during that universal darkness, with the exception of a few whom God will soon convert. The air shall be infected by demons who will appear under all sorts of hideous forms. - The Seer of Heavy Burtations at the Vatican.

 Oh.  And converts who survive will be silenced forever.

This will not save you.  

11 comments:

  1. Isn't it cloudy up there? We have a perfect sunny day and 95% totality. I saw the total in St. Paul from the hill in Highland Park in 1954, so 95% is just fine with me. Breakfast almost prepared - Eggs Benedict, hash browns, fresh tomatoes from the garden, orange or cranberry juice. Table set on the deck with fine china, crystal glasses, and silver cutlery. Start time here in about 45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Eggs Benedict - I haven't had them in decades. Seriously.

      Delete
  2. I don't really buy into this one either. If only blessed beeswax candles will burn, how the hell would we be able to light them? It sounds like something more focused on spreading fear and anxiety than hopeful revelations like Fatima.

    Also despite popular belief Padre Pio never said anything about the so called Three Days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, Mi Hombre. I never thought about that. Good question.
      (Says she who has about 15 boxes of stockpiled blessed beeswax candles from Candlemas's past. What?)

      Delete
    2. I thought the same thing - how will you light the candles?

      Delete
    3. Hold my mixtape up to it.

      This is why I don't buy it. It feels less like divine revelation like Fatima or Guadalupe and more like a Protestant blood moon prophecy.

      Delete
  3. Waaay up north where I live we are only getting 70% totality at 10:18 am PST. Of course it's cloudy and raining so I am sitting here with the lights on. At least I won't burn out my retinas... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am eating half of a really tasty pastrami sandwich while reading the news off and on. The morning was overcast but now sunny and bright, gracias a Dios.

    I look forward to the darkness that's being reported since I work nights and sleep during the day ... best kind of weather - broad daylight, cool and dark. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watched the main event online since it's cloudy here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put a pin hole in a piece of cardboard from a cracker box and held it up to the stucco just at peak when the clouds opened for a few seconds and saw the crescent sun. The light was dim and I was sure it felt cooler, but I'm highly prone to suggestion and could have imagined the entire thing. I'm not sure why it was such a big deal since we actually know exactly how and why this was happening. Know what I'm saying? Now if massive earthquakes and volcanoes resulted in the aftermath, it may have grabbed my attention a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was at the bank at its peak. Manager was outside doing something with his cell. Told him he should let his staff come ou too see but I quess they had more important duties managing the money! Parking lot had lots of people with funny glasses. It reminded of one of my favorite movies as a kid: The Day the Earth Stood Still. Everyone was excited and friendly for at least those 3 minutes. Maybe that will remind us of how live should be!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.