Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Ganswein stated he never said that.

(File photo)

Rumors of Benedict XVI being close to death circulated on social media following a quote attributed to Ganswein, which reads, “Pope Benedict is like a candle that fades slowly. He is serene, at peace with God, with himself and the world. He can no longer walk without help and can no longer celebrate Mass.”
He never said that.
Archbishop Ganswein called this quote “pure invention.”
“It is false and wrong! I would like to know who the author of this is,” he said, according to German media outlet kath.net.
“I have received in the last two days many messages that refer to this phrase, and people are worried,” he said.
Last week, Ratzinger’s brother was at the Vatican to visit, and he has now returned home, Ganswein confirmed, adding, “Both had a good time.” - CNA

“It is false and wrong! I would like to know who the author of this is."

I'll tell you Georg, Church Militant spread the rumor here.


7 comments:

  1. Is that a recent picture? Papa Benny looks wonderful as does his brother Georg. Archbishop Georg looks as handsome as ever and younger too. Still, I have not seen much of the Archbishop lately when watching Rome Reports on Papa Francis. Does the Voris network have anything to report on that? (>x<)

    BTW ... this is off topic but too funny not to share ...

    Man resided in woods for 10 years because wife nagged him too much

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/17/man-resided-in-woods-for-10-years-because-wife-nagged-him-too-much.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As to Ganswein, a priest friend who lives and works in the vatican has told me many times that Ganswien may have a bella figura, but he is a manipulative man who is not to be trusted."

    Gossip is bad, very bad for the heart and soul. It poisons the good will of a person while it kills the reputation of the one who is the subject of such ugliness.

    Yours is a prime example of what not to engage in.

    Prayers for Archbishop George plus lots of benefit of doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gossip at best.
    But thanks for the Marie Dressler shot -She was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the Dressler gif from dxv515. Cracks me up every time I see it.

      Delete
  4. Fake news - it's everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I deleted my post. It was out of line. I get so angry with the Church and her leaders these days, that sometimes I let my mouth (or in this case my fingers) fly. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted mine too. I understand how confusing and frustrating this gets to be and some days you just have enough. I'm sorry too. God bless you.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.